WordPress Website Design
WordPress is our preferred platform for most small businesses and organizations websites. Currently no other platform even approaches WordPress’s native flexibility, usability, and search engine friendliness. Inland Internet has almost a decade of experience with wordpress website design…we can make it do anything we want. Read on to learn more about the benefits of WordPress and if you are in need of a stunning, professional website that you can easily maintain yourself, give us a call today at 509.216.1454.
Inland Internet Solutions offers three standard website packages applicable to most small to medium sized businesses and organizations. We can also tailor a custom package to your individual requirements, give us a call to learn more at 509.216.1454.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a robust content management system that is widely used as a framework for websites and blogs. It’s key feature is the back-end dashboard that allow website and blog owners with no experience in programming or the use of complicated web development software to edit their web pages at will and in real time, using nothing but a web browser. The WordPress back end user interface uses a screen that looks and behaves very much like a word processor. If you can use Microsoft Word, you can edit your website with WordPress. A rich plug-in architecture allows for the easy addition of advanced features like secure forms, slide shows, galleries, calendars and much more.
Why should I use WordPress for my website?
- Easy to Use. WordPress is extremely user friendly. The back-end editing dashboard looks and behaves very much like a word processor; if you can use Microsoft Word, you can use WordPress.
- Manage your own content: One of the true advantages of WordPress is the ability it gives a site owner to control their content. Add pages, images, forms, video, audio…whatever. All that is required is an internet connected device and a web browser and your site can be updated in seconds from anywhere.
- Mobile Friendly. This is a biggie…Google has clamped down on sites that their algorithm deems to be not mobile friendly and penalizes them in search rankings requested by mobile devices.
- Google Loves WordPress. The text based format and logical architecture of WordPress just happen to be what Google is looking for in a website as they are easy to index. Add to that it’s aforementioned mobile friendliness and you already have a leg up on SEO and good page rankings.
- Flexible and Scalable. WordPress is flexible enough that virtually any design you can dream up can be deployed. It is powerful enough to scale up to even enterprise level websites. It can be nice alternative to third party providers for E-Commerce sites.
- Safe and Secure. As open source software, WordPress is continually being scrutinized for emerging security holes. A global community of developers provide timely patches and regular updates.
- Integration. WordPress integrates seamlessly with virtually any API. From Facebook to Payment Gateways to Google Maps, WordPress can handle it.
- Plug Ins. The architecture of WordPress includes the use of third party software modules known as plug-ins. Plug-ins are powerful pieces of software that are written to perform specific tasks like create user forms, make slide shows, display multi-media, just about anything you can think of. A vast library of plug-ins exists in the WordPress Repository and are free to use as well as many useful paid plug-ins available online.
Is it really that easy to use?
Yes! Check out the screencasts below to see how simple changes, even a new page can be made in no time.